Michigan History Magazine
Inside you will find…
- Feature stories about Michigan's fascinating past
- Histories of communities, institutions, and businesses
- Individuals and groups that have left impressions upon our state
- Sites to explore and Michigan history-related news
- And so much more!
Michigan History magazine is published six times a year and offered either as an individual subscription or as part of an HSM membership.
Already a subscriber?
Renew easily online and keep the history coming! Access our renewal process below.
While you're here...
We offer digital access to Michigan History magazine here on our website as a benefit of subscribing. Don't miss out on the latest issue—check it out today!
Inside Our Current Issue
- Steam & Steel: Ephraim Shay and His Locomotive
- A Futuristic Fair: The Detroit International Expositions of 1889-1892
- The Women Keepers of Gull Rock
- Dr. Julius Franks: Athlete and Activist
- Portraits in Crayon: Snapshots of Michiganders Past
- “The Milky Way to Health”: Battle Creek’s Sullivan Dairy
- Livernois Avenue: A Long and Winding Road
- Profiles: Charline White
- Facts & Finds: A Horned Armchairs Homecoming
- Remember the Time: Hitchhiking Hippies: A 1970 Trip to Mackinac Island
- And much more!
Refer a friend to Michigan History
Are you a current subscriber to Michigan History? If so, don't miss out on our loyalty offer! Open to all current subscribers, we have a continuously running referral program. For every individual you refer to our magazine, we'll gift you an extra issue to your current subscription.
To refer someone, all you will need is to share the name on your subscription account with your friends and family and encourage them to put your name in the referral code area on the general magazine subscription form. We'll take care of the rest!
Can I purchase back issues?
Yes! We offer single-issues purchases of previous issues in our Store.
If you'd prefer to order over the phone or have questions, give us a call at (517) 324-1828 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have an option for international subscriptions?
Yes! For all international inquiries, please email us at email@example.com or call (517) 324-1828.
I have a subscription. Can I upgrade to an HSM membership?
Yes you can! All Michigan History magazine subscribers can upgrade to an HSM membership and continue to receive Michigan History magazine in addition to the following benefits:
- Chronicle magazine
- FREE access to History Hounds® weekly lectures
- Participation in Michiganders on the Road® motorcoach tours
- Discounts on conferences and History Skills Workshops®
- And more
To upgrade your subscription to a membership, call us at (800) 692-1828.
Get the most out of Michigan's history
There's more to our publications that Michigan History magazine--did you know that we publish Chronicle magazine too? With a Historical Society of Michigan membership, you can receive our popular Michigan History magazine AND our quarterly Chronicle. Plus, you'll receive multiple extra benefits including weekly access to free History Hounds lectures, discounts on workshops and conferences, and much more.