Visit the Hadley House Museum on Saturdays in the Summer from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.

Built in 1873, the Hadley House Museum is in the Victorian Italianate style with original woodwork and four bedrooms. The first occupant was Dr. Daniel D. Bartholomew, who lived and practiced there until the early 1900s. There was a separate entrance for his business. Afterwards, the residence was continually occupied by the Hadley family, from one generation to another. Tom and Arlene Hadley were the last private owners. Tom was a well known architectural engineer, inventor, and poet, who made nature films with Arlene. His movies on wildlife, including “Nature Trails”, were on WWJ-TV during the 1950s. In 1986, Arlene Hadley sold her lovely home to the Holly Historical Society. The society had outgrown their first museum, the Patterson House, on East Maple Street.

The museum contains a large local photographic collection, featured in the Arcadia Images of America series book on Holly, which is available for purchase. Also, there is an extensive genealogy library for northwest Oakland County. The carriage house which, at one time, held two horses is still in the backyard.

Society meetings are held the third Monday of each month, except January/February and July at 7:00pm. The museum is also open during the summer, and during the Christmas season Saturdays from 1 to 4pm. Special viewing for groups or individuals is available on request. Donations are welcome.

The Museum will be open both Saturday and Sunday during the Holly Dickens Festival (Thanksgiving weekend and the first two weekends in December).