Our museum consists of the 1855 Kelley-Fisk Farm state historic site, including the Greek Revival farmhouse, outbuildings (barn, pig and hen houses, two corn cribs a garage and a privy). Also, the 1876 Thompson One-Room School was dismantled in 1995, moved to the site and rebuilt.
The museum is located at 9180 Highland Rd, White Lake 48386 and is currently only open for special events or by appointment. Call an officer to make arrangements.
An addition was built onto the school to house handicapped restrooms and archival space. Current archives include 100 years of Milford Times newspapers dating from approximately 1878-1978. In 1990, local historians, Audrey Hunt and Katie Johnson, co-authored In Remembrance, a history of White Late Township and the pioneers who settled it. All of the photos and research associated with this are also in the archives. Use by appointment only.
For updates on the progress of the restoration of the former Edsel Ford Barn in the Highland Recreation Area, visit www.fohra.org.
7525 Highland Road
White Lake, MI 48383
Email address: email@example.com