Be a part of Michigan’s history!
As a non-governmental nonprofit, the Historical Society of Michigan depends on gifts from individuals like you to fund the work of preserving and presenting the rich, colorful history of our state. What sorts of products, programs, and services will your donation enhance?
- PUBLICATIONS – With your help, we can continue to produce the most popular state history magazine in the country, Michigan History and the Chronicle membership magazine as well as new editions of favorite publications like the “Historic Michigan Travel Guide.”
- AWARDS and CERTIFICATION – Each year, we honor individuals, historical societies and museums, and the media for their efforts to advance state history. You can also help us recognize businesses and family farms that have reached a Michigan milestone.
- EDUCATION – Our signature program is Michigan History Day, encouraging students to research, write, and present their historical findings in competition with peers from across the state. Your support also allows us to host a yearly conference for history teachers.
- CONFERENCES – For more than 130 years, we’ve hosted an annual state history conference and-for 60+ years-an Upper Peninsula conference. In 2008, we added a Metro Detroit-oriented conference, too. See what your generosity enables us to do.
- LOCAL SUPPORT – With your gift, we can develop and deliver more training programs for local historical societies and museums, provide networking opportunities, and offer consultative services as needs arise.
Since 1828, the Historical Society of Michigan has been committed to the important task of promoting our state and its stories. Isn’t it time you joined us in this effort? All levels of contribution are appreciated and, of course, tax-deductible.