Local Quilters will be working on the 2018 raffle quilt during open hours (June-October). The quilt is queen size, multi color, Kaleidoscope pattern pieced and donated by Lisa Hurlburt.
May: Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon: May 19, 2017. Volunteers
Will be recognized with a light lunch followed by a review of
procedures and exhibit information.
June – November: Quilt Raffle Tickets Fundraiser
“Hunters Star” pieced by and donated by Judy Nixon, and hand quilted by the Pickford Quilters.
- Tickets are available from all officers and at the museum beginning in June: $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00.
- Winning ticket drawn at the Annual Meeting, December 12, 2017.
July 8, 2017: Golf Scramble
-Munoscong Golf Club, 9 a.m.
Click here to see the flyer!
July: Cash Raffle Tickets Fundraiser. Tickets on sale in July for $52 each.
- Winners receive $100. Drawing every week for 52 weeks. Winning tickets go back into the drawing.
- There will be 2 bonus drawings for $200.00 each – one in August and one in October.
July 10-13, 2016:
Students going into 4th, 5th, and 6th grades are invited to join us for a 4-day History Camp July 10 through 13. The 2 hour per day( 1 to 3 pm) camp costs $5.00. Enrollment is limited to the first 12 applicants. Register before June 30 by calling 297-3013 for a registration form or pick one up at the museum on main street, Monday through Saturday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Camp activities include:
- Miller from Pickford Fire Department with the history of fire fighting in Pickford
- Bowers with a coin exploration and auction
- Dr Kelso and Dr. Hatfield with LSSU students sharing a geology experience
- Thursday wrap up with a variety of hands on pioneer survival activities
August 5: Hay Days Parade
August 5: Special event to honor living WWII Veterans
August: Open House at Museum during Pickford Community Hay Days-first weekend in August.
October: Local Cub Scout Pack visit for Merit Badge opportunity.
November 10: Veterans open house 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
November 11: Quilt Show
December 12, 2017: Annual Meeting
If you would like to volunteer and help with any of these great events. Click here to download the Volunteer Form.