State History Conference
The 142nd Annual Meeting and State History Conference will be held
September 23-25, 2016, in Alpena, Michigan.
The State History Conference moves to a different location in the Lower Peninsula each year. This conference celebrates all aspects of Michigan’s history and offers a close-up look at the heritage of the host area. The State History Awards are also presented during the conference. Each year, the Historical Society of Michigan presents a State History Award to those individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the appreciation and understanding of Michigan history. Learn more about the State History Awards.
The State History Conference offers…
- Four keynotes that cover a wide range of popular topics, including sessions that explore the host area’s heritage
- Shipwreck Alley: A Closer Look at the Shipwrecks of Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Maritime Triumphs and Tragedies in Northeast Michigan
- The Murder of the King of Presque Isle County
- A Shot from Alpena: The Assassin of President McKinley
- 12 breakout sessions, 4 workshops, and 4 tours
- President’s Reception, State History Awards Banquet, and Closing Banquet
- Exhibitors/vendors for attendees to visit
- Networking opportunities
Come see what all the excitement is about!
143rd Annual Meeting and State History Conference
September 22-24, 2017
144th Annual State History Conference
September 28-30, 2018
Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
145th Annual State History Conference
September 27-29, 2019